Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Quinoa to the Rescue!

Asians with no rice is like Bert with no Ernie, Jack with no Jill, and the earth with no sun. Well I think you get the picture!  Trust me, we grew up eating rice with everything! It’s a sin to eat Filipino main dishes with no rice.  It’s just not right.

So what’s our substitute? Quinoa! It’s a seed that’s gluten-free, cholesterol-free, and has the highest protein content.  It’s a win-win situation!
We realized that eating healthy doesn’t mean starving ourselves or denying ourselves taste.  In fact, it’s been the complete opposite.  First, real food tastes so much better.  And second, we end up consuming less because the amount of nutrients we take in is more filling.

Not only does quinoa taste great, but can be used it so many recipes.  I’ve recently made quinoa and chicken stuffed bell peppers, which will be shared soon.  And my best friend, Mary, will soon share her special quinoa salad recipe.  And later on, I’ll actually attempt to make quinoa sushi! Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment